sendNotification(snmpEngine, authData, transportTarget, contextData, notifyType, varBinds, cbFun=None, cbCtx=None, lookupMib=False)¶
Send SNMP notification.
Based on passed parameters, prepares SNMP TRAP or INFORM notification (RFC 1905#section-4.2.6) and schedules its transmission by I/O framework at a later point of time.
- snmpEngine (
SnmpEngine) – Class instance representing SNMP engine.
- authData (
UsmUserData) – Class instance representing SNMP credentials.
- transportTarget (
Udp6TransportTarget) – Class instance representing transport type along with SNMP peer address.
- contextData (
ContextData) – Class instance representing SNMP ContextEngineId and ContextName values.
- notifyType (str) – Indicates type of notification to be sent. Recognized literal values are trap or inform.
- varBinds (tuple) –
NotificationTypeclass instance representing a minimum sequence of MIB variables required for particular notification type. Alternatively, a sequence of
ObjectTypeobjects could be passed instead. In the latter case it is up to the user to ensure proper Notification PDU contents.
- cbFun (callable) – user-supplied callable that is invoked to pass SNMP response to INFORM notification or error to user at a later point of time. The cbFun callable is never invoked for TRAP notifications.
- cbCtx (object) – user-supplied object passing additional parameters to/from cbFun.
- lookupMib (bool) – lookupMib - load MIB and resolve response MIB variables at the cost of slightly reduced performance. Default is True.
User-supplied cbFun callable must have the following call signature:
- snmpEngine (
SnmpEngine): Class instance representing SNMP engine.
- sendRequestHandle (int): Unique request identifier. Can be used for matching multiple ongoing INFORM notifications with received responses.
- errorIndication (str): True value indicates SNMP engine error.
- errorStatus (str): True value indicates SNMP PDU error.
- errorIndex (int): Non-zero value refers to varBinds[errorIndex-1]
- varBinds (tuple): A sequence of
ObjectTypeclass instances representing MIB variables returned in SNMP response in exactly the same order as varBinds in request.
- cbCtx : Original user-supplied object.
Returns: sendRequestHandle (int) – Unique request identifier. Can be used for matching received responses with ongoing INFORM requests. Returns None for TRAP notifications. Raises:
PySnmpError– Or its derivative indicating that an error occurred while performing SNMP operation.
>>> from pysnmp.hlapi.asyncore import * >>> >>> snmpEngine = SnmpEngine() >>> sendNotification( ... snmpEngine, ... CommunityData('public'), ... UdpTransportTarget(('demo.snmplabs.com', 162)), ... ContextData(), ... 'trap', ... NotificationType(ObjectIdentity('SNMPv2-MIB', 'coldStart')), ... ) >>> snmpEngine.transportDispatcher.runDispatcher() >>>
- snmpEngine (